When it’s time to manage business utilities, there are things that you should do, and here they are:
- First: Turn off unused electronics and unplug them. Just because the device is turned off does not mean that it is not using electricity. When done working for the day, utility bills can be reduced by turning off all electronics and unplugging them.
- Second: Install energy saving technology. For instance, install programmable thermostats and energy saving refrigerators. These tactics are beneficial in saving money due to lower energy usages.
- Third: Use energy saving lighting. For example, change light bulbs to lower watts. This can be beneficial in reducing energy expenses because not as much electricity is being fueled to the outlet, which will reduce costs.
- Fourth: Do not cool an empty building. Program the thermostat to be higher after hours when no one is there and on the weekend. It can be programmed to cool the building before employees and clients are set to arrive at the building.
- Fifth: Be sure air filters are changed monthly. Through regularly changing air conditioning filters, it is possible to reduce energy expenses because there will not be so much grime and dirt for the air to filter through.
- Sixth: Renovate the facility. For example, white walls reflect light, so heat is not absorbed into the building during the summer. Yet, during the winter, it helps maintain the temperature of the facility.
- Seventh: Update electronic equipment. For example, exchange the air conditioning system to an updated energy saving system.
In essence, modernizing the workplace is a key component to managing business utilities.
At WheelHouse Solutions, our professional IT Consultants have years of experience meeting the various IT needs of our clients, enabling us to develop proven and reliable technology solutions.
We strive to gain an understanding of the individual needs of every business with whom we work and don’t just provide the equipment, but also the expertise to implement it, flawlessly.
Our Technology Consulting includes Information Technology Consulting, Business Continuity Planning, Disaster Recovery Planning, Cloud Services Migration & Integration and Telecommunications Consulting.
If you would like more information, please fill out the form on this page or call us at 314-492-2506 for a free consultation.