What is Microsoft Teams?
Microsoft Teams is a chat-based tool that allows employees to communicate, online, from any location. It’s also fully integrated with other Office 365 services, such as Skype, SharePoint, Exchange, and Yammer. Microsoft Teams is an effective collaboration tool offering many useful features such as one-on-one chat, team chat and more.
Features & Benefits of Microsoft Teams Software
- Chat: It’s easier than ever to reach out to team members via the chat feature of Microsoft Teams. The software also has Skype integration, allowing for video chat, if desired and includes many social features such as emojis, adding fun and more interactivity to your conversations.
- Hub: Microsoft Teams includes a shared repository of Office 365 applications, including Planner, OneNote, Excel, and Word.
- Easy to Customize: One of the many benefits of Microsoft Teams is the extreme flexibility in customizing the application for your business.
- Communicate in Real Time – Microsoft Teams allows you to chat, in real time, instead of sending emails and then having to wait for a reply.
- Mobile Audio & Video – Teams provides an easy-to-use application that allows the user to chat with the team via text, have a voice conversation, or even a video meeting. Available on both Android and iOS (audio only).
- Increased Security – Microsoft Teams provides your business with enhanced, high-end security. All Chats are always encrypted, ensuring that your private business communications are not seen by prying eyes.
Implementing Microsoft Teams in Your Business
When you configure a Team, the platform automatically generates a new SharePoint collection site and an Office 365 Group, both of which are linked to your new Team.
The SharePoint Site includes:
- Document Library
- Wiki Page Library
- Notebook (OneNote)
The Office 365 Group includes:
- Distribution list for Team
- Shared Calendar
- Shared Inbox
Microsoft Team features integrate seamlessly with Office 365 applications and include:
- Meetings Button
- Files Button
- Conversations tab
- Files tab
- Add Planner
- Add OneNote
- SharePoint Site
Multiple chats can be created across a Team and conversations are threaded making it easy for users to follow along. If users need to have a face-to-face conversation, they can quickly and easily use both Skype voice or video chat. Microsoft Teams is one more software solution from Microsoft to enhance productivity and collaboration, in real time, across the enterprise.
WheelHouse Solutions provides Office 365, including Microsoft Teams software, to users. If you would like more information on how Microsoft Teams can enhance your business, click here or call us today at 314-492-2506.