Skype for Business, previously known as Microsoft Lync and Microsoft Office Communicator, is an instant message system that clients can use with Skype for Business Server or Skype for Business Online, (which is available through Microsoft 365). Skype for Business replaced Lync in 2015 by combining features of both Lync and Skype. Two interfaces are available for users, allowing organizations to switch from the default Skype for Business interface to the Lync interface.
Several features are provided for users through Skype for Business. Online meetings, such as team meetings, live streaming of meetings, and dialing conference calls can be conducted through Skype for Business. Different devices can also be used by Users to communicate. Phones, PC, Mac, and mobile devices can all be used to receive and transfer calls. Users are able to move away from expensive telephone hardware and move to a simplified phone system because of this.
Multiple features that are beneficial to conducting business through Skype are all available to Organizations through this system, including:
- Unlimited meetings are available to people without a subscription, with a maximum of 10 people in the group.
- Teams can be invited by users through a personalized link. Any device is able to set up and join a meeting, including PC/Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android.
- Screens and files can also be shared easily. Instant messages can be sent easily during business meetings, which allows users to offer new ideas.
- PowerPoint presentations with interactive tools such as annotating, highlighting, and laser pointing can all be uploaded in a business meeting.
- A whiteboard feature is available to draw, draft, and edit projects together-just as if collaborators were in the same room.
- Custom-built accessories are available to improve meetings, including certified USB speakerphones, headsets, and HD cameras.
Office apps such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote can be used with Skype for Business. Businesses can schedule meetings with outlook, via a link, so that they can join straight from their Outlook calendar. Large group meetings are put together easily with Skype Meetings Broadcast. If a conversation is taking place in an instant message, it can be turned into a video call. Individuals also have access to collaboration tools that allow them to record meetings, take quick polls, run Q&A’s, and add attachments to a meeting. 1TB file of storage and sharing is also available for access anywhere. Finally, on demand phone and web support is available to all users if any issues arise.
With its many features, Skype for Business makes it easy to conduct effective and professional presentations and meetings. Consider choosing it for your business if you want an easy way to connect your company wherever your employees might be.
Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, Wheelhouse Solutions can assist you in getting started with Microsoft Office 365 or any of the suite of Microsoft products and services. We’ll work with you to analyze your needs and recommend a strategy that’s custom designed for your business. If you would like more information about Microsoft Office 365, click here or call us at 314-492-2506 to speak with one of our knowledgeable sales representatives.